Though I write about health and wellness now, I’m what I call an “entrepreneur to the core”, having spent the past 15 years building businesses from home while raising my three kids.
My entrepreneurial experience includes:
- Freelance copywriting (my first business)
- Inventing two baby blankets called Swaddleaze and Blankeaze, which I sold to Summer Infant in 2008
- Creating and selling a mobile apps portfolio (apps were an epic fail for me)
- Founding, building, and selling TheMogulMom.com, the leading website for mom entrepreneurs
- Being interviewed and featured in The New York Times, Working Mother, Fox Business News, ProBlogger, Entrepreneur, Visa Business Network, Daily Worth, Etsy Blog, Simple Mom, American Express OPEN Forum, SheKnows and YellowPages.com, as well as several best-selling books including The $100 Startup, The Digital Mom Handbook, and The Well-Fed Writer: Back for Seconds