I originally found an easy pizza recipe on a blog that is now defunct. Over the years, I tweaked the recipe to make it even easier, and in my opinion, yummier. Oh, and as far as pizza goes, it’s actually pretty healthy too!
I hope you enjoy it!
- 1 large American Flatbread Cheese + Herb pizza
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 handful of basil, sliced into thin ribbons
- 1 handful of arugula
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar (balsamic glaze also works well!)
- 1 teaspoon honey
- freshly ground sea salt + pepper to taste
- 4 slices of pepperoni cut into thin strips
- 1 tablespoon grated parmesan
- Take the American Flatbread Pizza out of the freezer 30 minutes before cooking.
- Preheat the oven to 425.
- While the oven heats up, place the arugula, basil, and pepperoni in a bowl and drizzle EVOO, balsamic vinegar (or glaze), and honey over it. Add the sea salt, pepper and parmesan cheese (a bit of goat cheese or feta is amazing too!). Toss to coat, and set aside.
- Once the oven is heated, bake the pizza for 6-8 minutes.
- Slide the oven rack out, and with tongs, add the toppings to the pizza and bake for 1-2 minutes more.
- Take the pizza out of the oven and allow to cool for 2 minutes.
- Cut the pizza into 6-8 slices, and serve.
It’s SO GOOD!!
Here are some other awesome pizza topping combos you can try!
Pizza Topping Combos:
Diced cooked bacon
Sour cream with a teaspoon of taco seasoning mixed in
Sprinkling of cheddar cheese
Sweet + Salty:
Blue cheese crumbles